Matcha Mascarpone Cake
1 matcha sponge
200g cassis compote
200g candied chestnut
63g chestnut paste
Matcha Mascarpone Sabayon
9g matcha powder
- Prepare chestnut cremeux: In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolk and sugar until pale and slightly thickened. Combine cream and chestnut paste in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour half of it into mixing bowl and mix well. Pour mixture back into saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir continuously using a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Sieve through a strainer and add in gelatin. Bake at 200°C for 8mins. Set aside.
- Preapre matcha mascarpone sabayon: Add mascarpone, cream and sifted matcha powder into a mixing bowl and mix well together with a paddle.
- Whisk egg and yolk until light and fluffy. Heat up sugar with some water until 118°C. Pour into egg mixture and whisk until it cools. Melt in gelatin. Combine with matcha mascarpone and set aisde.
- Put a thin layer of cassis compote on top of matcha sponge and spread evenly. Place in freezer until cassis compote is frozen.
- Put a layer of chestnut cremeaux on top and freeze again. Cut cake into desired shape.
- Fill matcha mascarpone sabayon and sponge cake into eclipse mold simultaneously. Place a layer of candied chestnut. Freeze for 30mins. Remove from freezer and unmold cake. Put on top of matcha crumble.