Eggs Royale with Smoked Salmon & Spinach
4 English muffin or choice of bread
4 pieces smoked salmon
blanched baby spinach as desired
salt and pepper to taste
2 egg yolks
100ml clarified butter
2tbsp white wine vinegar
dash of salt and pepper
4 eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp white vinegar
1. Prepare hollandaise sauce: Over a simmering water bath (baine marie), add egg yolks and whisk in clarified butter slowly till an emulsion is form. Add in white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare poached eggs: Use a steam oven to cook eggs at 68°C for 25mins. Alternatively, boil a small pot of water and add in white vinegar. Crack eggs individually into small bowls and when water is
boiled, swirl the water and place eggs in one at a time. Ideally only two eggs in a pot at one time.
3. Use a spoon to gather egg white to cover yolk and when egg white is cooked, remove egg from water.
4. Place poached eggs on toasted muffin or choice of bread with
smoked salmon and spinach.
5. Top with hollandaise sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
text: 若昕 photo: Kin@Say Cheese Studios