On PRINT • On Digital
《优1周》 UW (U-Weekly) is Singapore's first hybrid entertainment, lifestyle and social news magazine. The bilingual-friendly magazine dishes out the most exclusive and in-depth entertainment gossips from the Asian region and beyond.
Launched as You Weekly in 2001, the magazine was renamed UW and adopted a new Chinese title 《优1周》 in December 2005.
UW launched its digital edition and website (uweekly.sg) in September 2014. The magazine was given a new fresh look in March 2016, and is now focused at providing an integrated, cross-platform reading experience for all readers.
UW is a weekly must-read for the entire family. Readers can expect the following columns and features in every issue:
- Cover personalities - Upclose and personal with the hottest celebrities from around the region
- Paparazzi - Latest entertainment happenings from Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Hollywood, not forgetting the buzzing local scene!
- Gossips - "Insider" gossips of the entertainment scenes from the magazine's mysterious and resourceful column writers
- Music - The hottest music features, trends and interviews
- Movies - First hand reviews and sneak peeks at latest movie releases, personality interviews and features
- Synopsis - Synopsis of drama serials of selected TV channels such as Channel 8, Channel U, Starhub and SingtelTV.
- Recipes - Step-by-step instructions on how to make the most delicious cuisines in the comfort of your home
- Food Features - The ultimate guide to eating in Singapore
- UTrend - The latest fashion, beauty and IT trends
- World Gallery - Interesting news from all around the world
- Travel - Travel guides and tips to make traveling around the world an ease for anyone
- Health - Useful and thoughtful information on health matters
- Events - Your one-stop guide to all events happening in Singapore